bloody mary recipe, bloody mary recipe with pickle juice, bloody mary tour, bloody mary tour recipes, christmas bloody mary recipe, colorado bloody mary, holiday bloody mary recipe, homemade bloody mary mix, homemade pickle recipe, phishmas bloody mary
Happy Holidays from Bloody Mary Tour! I hope you all are having a great holiday season thus far and are ready to spend some cozy winter days with a Bloody Mary in hand 🙂 What better time of the year to make home crafted cocktails for your loved ones than the upcoming weeks. As we are coming to a close on the year of 2015, I chose to do a classic recipe involving all things briny and pickled. I also wanted to celebrate my 1K followers on Instagram (and of course my dedicated followers on this blog), so here is the 1K Briny Bloody Mary! Cheers!
My favorite part about this recipe is the use of my friend Morgen’s homemade pickle juice in the mix (and there’s a pickle in the garnish of course) to add a salty splash of vinegar to the 1K Briny Bloody Mary. Morgen made her own pickles about a month back and they are delicious. I’ll have to ask for her recipe soon so I can share it on Bloody Mary Tour. Of course, you can’t put Morgen’s pickle juice in the Bloody unless you personally ask her to make you pickles, but there are many close-to-homemade pickle brands that should do the trick (I LOVE The Real Dill’s varieties). In the Bloody Mary, I also dumped in a lot of different spices (as usual) and added some kick with my new favorite hot sauce– Marie Sharp’s Grapefruit Pulp Habanero Hot Sauce! This recipe is simple and can be crafted in under 10 minutes. If you like salty, spicy, and briny, this recipe is for you 🙂
Mix (makes 1 Bloody Mary in a pint glass)
- 1.5-2 oz vodka
- 5 oz Tomato juice
- ⅛ lemon squeezed
- 2 tsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp sport pepper (or any type of pepper) juice
- 1 tsp of another brine or juice (olive brine, pickled okra juice, spicy pickled green bean juice)
- Dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Dashes of spicy hot sauce (I used Marie Sharp’s Grapefruit Pulp Habanero Hot Sauce)
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp chicken or steak seasoning (this is optional– it adds a nice dash of everything!)
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp Celery flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ANYTHING PICKLED OR BRINED!
- Pickled Green Beans
- Sport peppers (like Mezzetta Hot Chili Peppers)
- Pickled peppers
- Marinated artichokes
- Pickled okra
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour the vodka into the glass.
- Pour in the tomato juice.
- Squeeze the lemon into the glass.
- Pour in the pickle and sport pepper juices, along with your choice addition of brine or juice!
- Add dashes of Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Add horseradish. Mix with a stirrer.
- Toss in all spices.
- Grab another pint glass (this is the one your actual cocktail will be in) and rim it with a lemon or lime wedge.
- Rim the same glass with the salt or Bloody Mary rimmer.
- Transfer the materials from glass to glass aka “rolling” to mix all of the ingredients together nicely. Your drink should end up in the rimmed glass.
- Place all garnishes (except celery stalk) on a garnish pick or skewer.
- Place the garnish pick in the glass.
- Toss the celery in the the glass.
- Enjoy and happy holidays!